× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Reset netgear email account

Andy883
Aspirant

Reset netgear email account

Hi,

I no longer have access to my email address and obviously cannot access my Netgear account.
Can this be reset if I prove ownership of the account and how can that be done?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
hanbisemo
Aspirant

Re: Reset netgear email account

So I have a netgear Nighthawk router and i have no idea what the login is, and the person who made the login recently passed away, so I have no idea how to contact metgear to get it changed because they don't appear to have a tech support number. How do I get in contact with them and change the login details, is it even possible without the email of the person who set it?

Message 2 of 4

@hanbisemo wrote:

So I have a netgear Nighthawk router and i have no idea what the login is...

Login for what? The router and its browser graphical user interface (GUI)?

You do not need any login account to use that on your Netgear router

If you have don't know the login details for the GUI, Netgear cannot help you. It is encrypted and buried inside your router.

If you are trying to access this unnamed device. try the default settings on the label. If that fails, then simply reset the router and set it up from scratch.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

If that isn't the thing you are trying to access, tell us what it is and some may have other thoughts.

Message 3 of 4

@Andy883 wrote:

I no longer have access to my email address and obviously cannot access my Netgear account.

Account for what?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7