× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need a replacement power supply

RandallRike
Aspirant

Need a replacement power supply

Power supply was lost in the move to our new building.  Does Netgear sell these?  If not, does anyone have a known good source?

Randall L. Rike, ACI, ACSR

Systems Engineer, Post Production

BET Networks [a Viacom company]

1575 N. Gower Street

Mail Stop 4232F

Hollywood, CA  90028-6487

Randall.Rike@Viacom.com

(310) 481-3733 Direct

(818) 406-8480 Mobile

Model: GS108PE|8-port ProSAFE Plus Switch with PoE
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
RandallRike
Aspirant

Re: Need a replacement power supply

A different PSU was shipped, and it has the correct plug size.  We're back up & running!  Thanks all for your assistance, and the follow up.  Very impessive.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RandallRike,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I suggest you to open a chat / online case with NETGEAR Support and let them know about your concern.  Kindly attach a .pdf or .doc copy of the Proof of Purchase of the GS108PE switch on the chat / online case for warranty verification.  If the hardware warranty is still valid, an online replacement will follow.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 11
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi RandallRike,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 11
RandallRike
Aspirant

Netgear is providing the replacement.  It will arive today.  Thanks.

Message 4 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@RandallRike,

I just want to follow-up.  Were you able to receive the replacement power supply?  If yes, is it working fine?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 11
RandallRike
Aspirant

No.  Apparently, the correct one(s) were out of stock.  An alternative, which as supposedly determined to work, ws shipped.  However, the center hole is too small.  Support is now asking for photograghs to help provide another alternative.  This is just plain nuts.  Netgear engineering has all the specs for every switch and PSU, including the exact inside and outside diameters.  They don't need imagees to know which will fit.

Meanwhile, the website, on multiple browsers, would not allow me to upload the images.  I finally placed them in a hidden folder on my personal wbsite.  Support has downloaded them, and I'm now waiting to hear back,

Message 6 of 11
RandallRike
Aspirant

A different PSU was shipped, and it has the correct plug size.  We're back up & running!  Thanks all for your assistance, and the follow up.  Very impessive.

Message 7 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@RandallRike,

Thanks for the update.  I'm glad to know that you're now back up and running. 🙂 

Since your concern has been resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 11
RandallRike
Aspirant

" ... mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” ..."

How/where do I do that?

Message 9 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@RandallRike,

Since you are the one who started this forum thread, there are buttons that says "Accept as Solution" on each reply in which you are the only one who could click on it.   Kindly mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution.” 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 10 of 11
RandallRike
Aspirant

Aha, it helps to be logged in ... 🙂

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies