Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a new model to replace the S3300?

Hello,

I had been buying the S3300 as my default switch for most clients.   It has been around awhile and I am wondering if there is a new model - possibly in the same price range but with more ports that exceed 1gbit as we'll have a number of APs connected and we are considering some APs that are faster than 1gbit connection as we have many people in the same area all sharing that single AP.

Model: S3300-52X-PoE+ (GS752TXP)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches with PoE+
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Is there a new model to replace the S3300?

Netgear has the coming-up WAX610/WAX610Y 802.1ax/Wi-Fi 6 business AP in the marketing pipeline, these are making use af a 2.5G Ethernet uplink, and requiring 802.3at (alas PoE+) - I'm assuming some switches aligned with these should be in the pipeline from 8...48 PoE+ 2.5G or 2.5/5G MultiGig ports and a set of (much) faster uplink/trunking ports (MultiGig up to 10G) at least in the Smart Managed Pro range with optional cloud (Insight) management.  Can't be that far away anymore.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks - I'm hoping they make something like the S3300 POE+ stackable with 52 ports but maybe while haveing 2 10g ethernet and 2 10g sfp they'd have some of the 48 1gb ports be capable of 2.5

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Guru

Don't know what Netgear's preference will be - stackable or cloud managed (Netgear Insight) or both...
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements