× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

After Update Green Lights flash all time ??

XBoNeSX
Aspirant

After Update Green Lights flash all time ??

I updated week ago ever since then green lights flash 24/7 ... why is this ?
Message 1 of 8
XBoNeSX
Aspirant

Re: After Update Green Lights flash all time ??

no one got answer ??
Message 2 of 8
Southkil
Aspirant

Hi,

Some more info would be good.

Are you able to access to Stora? How many drives do you have? and if more than one, what configuration are the drives in? (RAID/JBOD)

The more info you give in your first post, the more likley you are to get a helpful reply.

🙂
Message 3 of 8
XBoNeSX
Aspirant

Southkil wrote:
Hi,

Some more info would be good.

Are you able to access to Stora? How many drives do you have? and if more than one, what configuration are the drives in? (RAID/JBOD)

The more info you give in your first post, the more likley you are to get a helpful reply.

🙂

Yes have access to Stora - 2 x Drives JBOD .. upgraded to latest firmware ..tried shutting down and restarting ... but still constant activity ! turn remote off ... wasn't doing this before upgrade .. 😞
Message 4 of 8

XBoNeSX wrote:
Yes have access to Stora - 2 x Drives JBOD .. upgraded to latest firmware ..tried shutting down and restarting ... but still constant activity ! turn remote off ... wasn't doing this before upgrade .. 😞

Exactly the same for me, with 1TB on one HD!
Green light flashing an stora is doing something on the HD,
non shutdown for power saving.
After 6 days of constant activity
NOW I switched it off, I think it will be forever, `cos since the first day I rebooted this device more often than my first version of Windows 95.

greetz
m.
Message 5 of 8

Alfistifromsardegna wrote:
Exactly the same for me, with 1TB on one HD!
Green light flashing and stora is doing "something" on the HD,
no shutdown for power saving.
After 6 days of constant activity
NOW I switched it off, I think it will be forever, `cos since the first day I rebooted this device more often than my first version of Windows 95.

greetz
m.

I forgot to mention that some people told me about indexing jobs running on the device, I only want to mention that this indexing was running finally for 5 days, no break. See this post, also:
Hard Drive Activity without use?
Message 6 of 8
XBoNeSX
Aspirant

now remote access won't enable and updates get errorr .. grr !
Message 7 of 8
XBoNeSX
Aspirant

all probs fixed .... added dns server for update and remote access to save work...upgrading to 2.6 stopped HDD activity :0
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7