× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Discrepancy between on-line and network data

Mildeel
Aspirant

Discrepancy between on-line and network data

Have been happily using Stora for three years. It is on a home network supporting three PCs.

Today, I went to check that recent backups have been taking place, and indeed they have been - or at least, the correct folder structure and latest file contents show up on each PC's folder in 'MyComputers' when accessed via the internet.
However, when I access each PC's folder on 'MyComputers' via the home network, it shows me a very old folder structure that looks like the original one backed up in 2010 when I first got the Stora, and no newer files than then.

Can anyone enlighten me please...? Is there some kind of setting that only shows me folders / files over a certain age or from a certain back-up run...?

All suggestions gratefully received

Cheers
M
Message 1 of 3
Mildeel
Aspirant

Re: Discrepancy between on-line and network data

Hi again...

A bit more mystery.

When I go on to one of the other PC's 'account' I find the opposite: The Windows explorer browser on the PC shows me files that are in certain folders on the Stora, yet the same folder (yes - with exactly the same folder hierarchy / location trail) viewed on the Stora through the internet shows no files at all. (These are all folders / files that have been there for months/years, e.g., in 'Favorites')

What in heck is going on, please...?

:confused:
Message 2 of 3
robyb
Aspirant

Re: Discrepancy between on-line and network data

Are you sure you're using the same user account on the PC and the web interface? Since the MyComputers folder is per user only, you might be backing up to one account and then you're trying to locate the files in a different account, which won't work. Check your backup settings to be sure, and your Stora Agent settings.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7