× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stora crashes new router - help!!

dwales
Novice

Stora crashes new router - help!!

I have recently replaced my old Dynalink RTA770W ADSL router with a new Dynalink RTA1025WV6 ADSL2 router mainly because ADSL2 has come to town offering faster speeds and more reliable service. The speeds have certainly improved. After the usual trials of getting a new router to function with my small network (1 PC, 1 Macbook, 1 Laptop, 2 printers and the Stora) I can no longer use my Stora. The network functions perfectly (with internet access from all PCs) until I switch on the Stora.
When I switch the Stora on everything works fine for a couple of minutes until internet access fails on all PCs, and I can no longer access the router. The router lights indicate that it is still connected to the net. At this point I can access the Stora using "Stora Desktop Applications/Quick Connect", ie via the browser (also I can access the Stora using Windows Explorer). It is almost as if the Stora has taken over exclusive use of the router.
As soon as I switch off the Stora and reboot the router everything is great, except of course no backup or file service from the Stora.
Can anybody offer a solution?
I have Stora MS200 with 2 x 1GB disks in it. It was supposed to be my panacea for backup but at the moment it is switched off.
Message 1 of 4
Southkil
Aspirant

Re: Stora crashes new router - help!!

hi,

turn off upnp on the router and manually port forward the require ports on the router.
assign a static ip on the stora outside of the dhcp server allocation. (you should be able to set the limits of the dhcp range on your router)
follow the help in this doc. http://media.netcomm.com.au/public/assets/pdf_file/0004/64255/PFS-RTA1025W_V6.pdf

i hope this helps

🙂
Message 2 of 4
dwales
Novice

Thanks I will give this a go!
Message 3 of 4
dwales
Novice

Thanks. Sorry it has taken me a while to get back.
This solution has worked satisfactorily for the last two weeks subject to one similar crash (a couple of days ago) which may have been related to my router misbehaving by the look of it.
Anyway thanks again for the assistance.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7