× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Transmission remote gui settings

t0ph0id
Aspirant

Transmission remote gui settings

I want to run the transmission remote gui program on my Win7 laptop but not sure what settings to put in.

I had this running before but had to reinstall windows.

What in the fields below so that I can download direct to my Netgear Stora

Thanks
Message 1 of 10
robyb
Aspirant

Re: Transmission remote gui settings

your remote host is storaname.mystora.com . username/password is the ones you assigned to the torrent app in Preferences -> Torrent.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 2 of 10
ossienet
Aspirant

I've never got this to work either. I enter my stora name as above but I always get "Connection refused" 😞
Message 3 of 10
ossienet
Aspirant

I should add that it works locally OK if I use my local IP address for Stora.
Message 4 of 10
robyb
Aspirant

ossienet wrote:
I should add that it works locally OK if I use my local IP address for Stora.

Did you forward port 9091 on your router?

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 5 of 10
t0ph0id
Aspirant

Great thanks for this.
Message 6 of 10
ossienet
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Did you forward port 9091 on your router?

Cheers,
Roby!

Thanks Roby! Port 9091 was showing up on router as enabled, but I removed the port forward entry, replaced it and rebooted the router and it seems to have done the trick!

PS: How come this isn't done via UPNP as per all other port forwarding on the Stora?
Message 7 of 10
robyb
Aspirant

ossienet wrote:
Thanks Roby! Port 9091 was showing up on router as enabled, but I removed the port forward entry, replaced it and rebooted the router and it seems to have done the trick!

PS: How come this isn't done via UPNP as per all other port forwarding on the Stora?

Because Torrent is usually something more advanced users use, and like you, they know how to port forward. So instead of opening a known port for everyone and then getting the odd "omg my security is at risk!!!11oneone" message... we leave it up to you 🙂

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 8 of 10
ossienet
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Because Torrent is usually something more advanced users use, and like you, they know how to port forward. So instead of opening a known port for everyone and then getting the odd "omg my security is at risk!!!11oneone" message... we leave it up to you 🙂

Cheers,
Roby!

Like they do with Ports 50000, 50001 ... which are known ports for Trojan attacks? 🙂
Message 9 of 10
robyb
Aspirant

ossienet wrote:
Like they do with Ports 50000, 50001 ... which are known ports for Trojan attacks? 🙂

You prove my point! Those ports are used for secure ftp 🙂
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7