× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to access Stora on my network

markbn
Follower

Unable to access Stora on my network

I bought a Netgear Stora MS2110 and installed it successfully on my home network on Saturday 21st November 2009.
When I went to access it yesterday, I was unable to see it on my network but could access it via the web page.

The following error messages come up:

When I reboot the computer: Stora Agent - Could not set icon

When I attempt to access Stora Agent via Explorer - Only one instance of this program can be run at a time

When I attempt to reset the Stora via the reset tools on the installation CD - No Stora found

I contacted the Netgear support line yesterday and must say how ignorant the consultant was. He was no help whatsoever!
I have been on hold on the Australian support line for over 30 minutes today waiting for a technician - not good enough! :mad:

Cheers,

Mark
Message 1 of 5
robyb
Aspirant

Re: Unable to access Stora on my network

markbn wrote:
When I reboot the computer: Stora Agent - Could not set icon
Open your Task Manager and end the Stora Desktop Applications process.

markbn wrote:
When I attempt to access Stora Agent via Explorer - Only one instance of this program can be run at a time
This will work once you kill the process that is stuck.

markbn wrote:
When I attempt to reset the Stora via the reset tools on the installation CD - No Stora found
Read carefully, the Reset is for the admin password, it does not reset the Stora to factory defaults, nor can it fix your Stora Desktop Applications.

That should clear you up.

Cheers,
Roby!
Message 2 of 5
crowpeck
Aspirant

robyb wrote:
Open your Task Manager and end the Stora Desktop Applications process.

This will work once you kill the process that is stuck.

Read carefully, the Reset is for the admin password, it does not reset the Stora to factory defaults, nor can it fix your Stora Desktop Applications.

That should clear you up.

Cheers,
Roby!

Hi Roby,

Do you know what is causing this problem. I've tried re-installing the Stora application, but same problem occurs upon re-booting PC.

I've noticed that using Task Manager to kill Stora Desktop under Applications will only work if you have not clicked the "OK" button on the message "Stora Agent - Could not set icon". If you have clicked "OK" you need to stop HipServAgent task under the processes tab of Task Manager.
Message 3 of 5
nikku314
Aspirant

Re: Stora agent count not set icon

Hi, this what i did on my registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CURRENTCONTROLSET
SERVICES
LANMANSERVER
PARAMETERS on the right side you can see IRPStackSize i deleted this and the eror is gone. HOpe it will all work with you guys goodluck...:D
Message 4 of 5
youngbaz
Aspirant

crowpeck wrote:
Hi Roby,

Do you know what is causing this problem. I've tried re-installing the Stora application, but same problem occurs upon re-booting PC.

I've noticed that using Task Manager to kill Stora Desktop under Applications will only work if you have not clicked the "OK" button on the message "Stora Agent - Could not set icon". If you have clicked "OK" you need to stop HipServAgent task under the processes tab of Task Manager.

Thanks for that. I have been experiencing the same issue. The problem has been erratic and hence difficult to diagnose. Restarting the PC (using XP BTW) did not fix. Stopping HipServAgent task under the processes tab of Task Manager did the job.

Many thanks - I just hope I can remember this!
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7