× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to see FamilyLibrary on any PC after deleting link on new Mac!!

jakeoregano
Aspirant

Unable to see FamilyLibrary on any PC after deleting link on new Mac!!

Hi all. I did something that turned out to be stupid and I really need help to recover. I bought my wife a Mac Mini and I was setting up access to our Stora. When I connected to the stora, using my admin account (the only user on my stora at the moment), the FamilyLibrary was visible as just a file icon, but content not able to be seen. I could see MyLibrary and contents connected, no problem. So, I just thought I would delete the link to the FamilyLibrary, no harm no foul, right??? WRONG!!! I am now unable to connect to FamilyLibrary from any PC or computer from file explorer. I deleted the link on the Mac, and that has now affected access to FamilyLibrary on the whole network.My HTPC, my laptop, etc.

I can log on via the web access and I can see and access FamilyLibrary there, but still can't re-connect. I've run the self diagnostic and that didn't help. I've done a search on the site, and there are some threads to fix the Mac, but I need back on my PC.

If' I've missed an important thread, can someone point me to the right place?

Thanks,
JakeOregano
Message 1 of 3
jakeoregano
Aspirant

Re: Unable to see FamilyLibrary on any PC after deleting link on new Mac!!

I meant to add one thing: on my Windows PC I get this error message: Windows cannot access \\STORA\FamilyLibrary error code 0x80070043 the network name can not be found
Message 2 of 3
jakeoregano
Aspirant

Re: Unable to see FamilyLibrary on any PC after deleting link on new Mac!!

Nevermind. I found a solution on the site. Create new user/delete old user/recreate old user.

That worked. Now, it seems I'll have to root the stora so my Mac will be able to see the stora familfyfolder.

Cheers!
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7