× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Western Dig wdtv live latest version can only see 1 Stora on a multi stora network

psteel
Tutor

Western Dig wdtv live latest version can only see 1 Stora on a multi stora network

I have 2 stora 2110 boxes on a home network which I use for storing and streaming several Tbytes of Videos via the built in DLNA server and occasionally network sharing (for MKV files). These storas were renamed from stora 1 and stora 2 to local names using the rename tool supplied by stora tech support some time back. They both however use the same logon ID and password when I access them for maintenance purposes, just different stora names.

The video files are streamed through a couple of 1st generation WDTV live media streaming boxes. This setup has worked flawlessly for a couple of years for both media server and network share streaming as I have been able to logon to each stora and access the files no problems.

I have just this week purchased a latest generation wdtv live box. When I try to access the files via network sharing, the wdtv box does not show the storas using their locally modified names, but only the name "stora", and only for 1 stora device, not the 2 that are on the network. I can log on to that device and share the contents. If I switch off the first stora, the wdtv box still does not see the second stora, although my 1st generation wdtv boxes can. Also, on the latest wdtv box, the stora comes up as a mac share, not a windows share. Is this normal.

I tried deleting the existing user name and creating a new user, but this only resulted in my losing the contents of that device. Any ideas or advice would be much appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
Southkil
Aspirant

Re: Western Dig wdtv live latest version can only see 1 Stora on a multi stora networ

Hi,

Try pointing your WDTV to the Stora's using there ip addresses. I works for me on my RPi XBMC setup.

🙂
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7