× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

access to personal files after restore

moorken
Aspirant

access to personal files after restore

Hi,

i have succesfully reloaded the OS on the system after a failure (for some reason, after the system comes back online after a scheduled shutdown/powerup the OS crashes about once every 6 months...) HOWEVER, i had to create a new administrative user since the old account still existed, i did this, then i went to the configuration page and i could see my old username was still there, so i tried logging in with it, this worked, however i have now only access to the shared files, for some reason i look to be locked out of "my files" and "my computers" i get an error message that i do not have the necessary permissions to access these folders. Also, when accessing the files through the media library, i can only see the "shared files" folder. will my personal files be lost now? that would be a total disaster since these folders contain the most important stuff for me personally and for my company....
thanks for your help!
Message 1 of 4
moorken
Aspirant

Re: access to personal files after restore

i found out that in this topic http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=67301&page=2 the user has exactly the same problem, the language might be the same problem for me, my stora was in English before, and after the flash it has suddenly switched to dutch. like suggested, i will try to reinstall it again with English and see if this works out.
Message 2 of 4
moorken
Aspirant

OK, so now i'm stuck at the language thing, i flashed the stora again by going to the procedure again of booting the stora up, press the reset button after 15 seconds and wait until the flash begins....., however, in the first configrationscreen everything is in dutch again... at what point exactly can i choose the system language? because changing the language in the settings panel afterwards doesnt resolve the problem, when i recreate my old user and go to its share on the stora, i still see "MijnBestanden" instead of the "My Library". Help would be welcome...:confused:
Message 3 of 4
moorken
Aspirant

just solved it myself, flash your stora again, in the meantime, change your regional language and settings to the original language and settings which were used on the system which was used for the first configuration (english in my case) log off from the PC, log back on, and when your stora is flashed again, just start initial config through the web interface, the stora will now be configured in the language set on your PC
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7