× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

help cant access stora after factory reset and setup

norburybrook
Aspirant

help cant access stora after factory reset and setup

My stora has worked fine for a couple of years until day before yesterday when i couldn't access it to back up my days work.

After spending all day trouble shooting today I eventually factory reset it and went through the setup process again using the same username/passwords etc.

I've just tried to log on using the www mystora and it's telling me my username isn't correct,

I can see the Stora in windows network now but can't connect either.

HELP...........

this is my studio backup machine and I have a LOT of clients work backed up on here.

this episode has made me very nervous of this device now and I just want to get the files off it ASAP and on to regular USB drives.

Marcus
Message 1 of 6
norburybrook
Aspirant

Re: help cant access stora after factory reset and setup

Ok update, I realised I'd misspelled my username... however I've just gone through the whole factory reset procedure again and the stora set up wont let me use my original username as it says there's already a user with that name.

(probably why it let me create a misspelled username in the first place)

Unless i can recreate the same user account how can I access my files?

this has turned into a nightmare of a day off for me, been at this since 10 this morning.

marcus
Message 2 of 6
norburybrook
Aspirant

Ok update, I realised I'd misspelled my username... however I've just gone through the whole factory reset procedure again and the stora set up wont let me use my original username as it says there's already a user with that name.

(probably why it let me create a misspelled username in the first place)

Unless i can recreate the same user account how can I access my files?

this has turned into a nightmare of a day off for me, been at this since 10 this morning.

marcus
Message 3 of 6
rsinj
Guide

So it won't let you recreate the original username the files were saved for?

If it won't let you do that, then I would jail break it and as root change the user on the files to the new name or edit the password file to fix things. If you're not comfortable with Unix/Linux this might not be an acceptable option for you.

If you want the jail break instructions and what I think your steps/commands would be, say the word.
Message 4 of 6
Southkil
Aspirant

Pop Robyb and email at support@axentra.com, and he will be able to look at it for you.

Just include your username, and stora name. He should be able to fix it. He is a god. 🙂

🙂
Message 5 of 6
othar
Aspirant

And password to this administrator account
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements