× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6200 drivers double installed. Cannot uninstall because of looping error.

Morte
Initiate

A6200 drivers double installed. Cannot uninstall because of looping error.

So I've tranfered to Windows 10 as of late and have been trying to get the drivers for it. When trying to install it'll tell me I need to uninstall the standalone, then suddenly it starts running...the standalone I assume? And states I need to uninstall the genie. From there it'll just say there's already an instance of this programming running (Talking about the genie) and then quit on me.

One thing I've noticed is in my program lists for uninstallment there's two versions of the genie involved. And when attempting to uninstall it'll do the same loop.

One reads Version 26.0.0.0 and the other reads Version 1.0.0.0

How the hell can I fix this issue!?

Message 1 of 14
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6200 drivers double installed. Cannot uninstall because of looping error.

Hi @Morte

Welcome to Community!

Please follow the steps below and provide feedback if it resolves.

1. With the A6200 plugged in, uninstall the old NETGEAR software and drivers. To do this, open Control Panel.
  2. Click on “Uninstall a program”. 
  3. Click on “NETGEAR A6200 Genie” and click Uninstall
  4. Once uninstall has completed, unplug your A6200 adapter and restart your PC.
  5. If you are using USB 3.0, you will need to upgrade the USB host controller. 
  • To determine if you are using USB 3.0, see Microsoft’s support article USB 3.0 Devices.
  • For information on how to update the USB host controller driver, visit your motherboard manufacturer’s website.

For more information on updating drivers in Windows 10, see Microsoft’s support article: How to Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

1. Ensure that you have installed all of the necessary updates for Windows 10 before proceeding. For more information on installing Windows updates, see Microsoft’s support article Service Pack and Update Center.
  2. Download and extract the A6200 softwareto a convenient place such as your desktop.
  3. Choice one of listed execution file and run. 
  • standalone-V1.0.011-win8.1_win10_signed.exe (with NETGEAR Genie )
  • setup-V1.0.0.26-win8.1_win10_signed.exe (Driver Only)
  1. Follow the on-screen installation instructions (insert the adapter when prompted)
  2. When the installation has completed, restart your PC.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 2 of 14
Morte
Initiate

That's the problem, everytime I try the uninstall solution, it goes into the looping situation. It won't uninstall.
Message 3 of 14
JamesGL
Master

@Morte,

Can you uninstall othe applications or software?

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 4 of 14
Jendrik
Guide

Hello

I got the same problem. My adapter worked fine, but then suddenly 2 days ago it keeps disconnection every 5min. I can click on the troubleshoot problem button and that will fix the connection for like 5min again. But after these 5min the adapter disconnects. While the adapter is connected everything works fine and smooth. I can go online and visit all the websites I like, play online or what ever I want to do

I can not install or uninstall anything Netgear related, anything else works fine. When I try to install the Windows 10 driver it says "please remove the netgear a6200 genie version first". When I try to uninstall the Netgear genie it says "please remove the netgear standalone version first" 

That is basically all what happens. I talked to 3 different ppl via live chat already but noone could help me.  I do not know how to uninstall the standalone version.

I hope someone can help me

Message 5 of 14
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Jendrik,

Please remove the NETGEAR folder under program files and check if you can uninstall it.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 6 of 14
Jendrik
Guide

I con not remove it, same result as before

Message 7 of 14
JamesGL
Master

@Jendrik,

You may need to check the registry of your computer. This might be a problem with the registry.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 8 of 14
Jendrik
Guide

I did that and could install the Win10 driver now. But sadly the adapter keeps disconecting. 

Is the adapter damaged? Or could there be another reason this keeps happening?

Message 9 of 14
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Jendrik,

Have you followed the steps I have posted above during the installation of the driver?

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 10 of 14
Playerino
Aspirant

Same problem here. I am on Windows 10 and a few days back my internet suddenly disconnects. Removing and reinserting the Netgear usb dongle resolves it. I went to the Netgear website and downloaded the lastest drivers and am unable to install it.

When I do to Program and Features to try and remove the old software two NETGEAR A6200 Genie installed - one is version 26.0.0.0 and the other is 1.0.0.0 - https://gyazo.com/38e35ad2aec1edf1ccacf9d262adfdc2

When I try and uninstall the 26.0.0.0 version I get this: https://gyazo.com/472a85dda2345db2607aaf846e78989f

It then seems to try and uninstall that version and gives me this:  https://gyazo.com/b457c36bb12e265cbf9a2b3ec6d6152d

I have tried removing the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\A6200 but it gives me this. https://gyazo.com/bde11d28df61f12c3f2a4d5aca34b9cf

I looked throught the registry for everything with NETGEAR on it, but it's hard to say what I should remove. I removed the .exes from Run, rebooted, but same issues.

Any way to fix this? The disconnects are very annoying especially when I'm in the middle of a multiplayer game.

Thank you

Message 11 of 14
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Playerino,

Can you try the steps given on the link below.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/WiFi-Adapters/A6200-adapter-stopped-working/m-p/513970/highlight/tr...

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 12 of 14
Playerino
Aspirant

Nope.

Message 13 of 14
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Playerino,

Please provide me your contact info via PM.

Name:

Phone:

Email:

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation