× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6200 will not connect

goldnet
Aspirant

A6200 will not connect

Bought A6200 to take advantage of new Airport Extreme router. Although software installed and it sees the networks, it won't connect. Yes the passphrase is correct - works on all our kit.

Inbuilt adapter in this Thinkpad is an Atheros AR92xx - which connects at either band to the router very fast (though at n and obviously not ac).

I have tried disabling both the Atheros card and associated Atheros Configuration Service but it makes no difference. Nor did disabling Atheros and installing the Netgear software. The v18 on CD and the 26 downloaded versions of the software behave no differently.

I feel I've wasted my money and can't return it as software CD has been opened...

Can anyone think of anything I may have missed?

Message 1 of 5
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: A6200 will not connect

When connecting to the network, what utility did you use?is it the NETGEAR utility or the Windows utility?
Message 2 of 5
goldnet
Aspirant

minions08 wrote:
When connecting to the network, what utility did you use?is it the NETGEAR utility or the Windows utility?

Netgear, as I can't use Win Zero configuration with the inbuilt Atheros card
Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

disable the internal wifi in device manager, then delete all netgear drivers and programs related to A6200. Reinstall A6200 using drivers only option that should let windows manage the WIFI
Message 4 of 5
goldnet
Aspirant

searay wrote:
disable the internal wifi in device manager, then delete all netgear drivers and programs related to A6200. Reinstall A6200 using drivers only option that should let windows manage the WIFI

Hi - I tried this just now. Uninstall, reboot, install standalone from CD. With the standalone driver, Windows recognises the adapter when plugged in. However, it remains unconnected - does not find any wireless networks to connect to (there are at least 10-15 always available here). So end result is actually less progress than using the Genie client which found the networks (just wouldn't connect to them!).

I have renabled the Atheros and will download the standalone v26 beam forming driver and try again just in case that kicks anything into action.

Thereafter I fear I'm going to have to try to return it as unfit for purpose...
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series