× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 - Code 10 after every restart; Need to unplug and plug back in every time (Windows 10)

mattstru
Follower

A6210 - Code 10 after every restart; Need to unplug and plug back in every time (Windows 10)

Hey all,

My A6210 Wifi Adapter seems to work great. Drivers were installed without issue and all. I'm running into one problem though. Everytime I restart my computer or wake it up from sleep mode, the adapter is not detected by Windows. Device Manager shows it as a Code 10 (Device cannot start). However, if I unplug the adapter and plug it back in, it reinstalls the driver automatically and the adapter works without issue.

Any idea what could be causing this? I'm running Windows 10 Home Build 10586.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 - Code 10 after every restart; Need to unplug and plug back in every time (Windows 10)

Hi mattstru,

At times your network adapter gets disabled after resuming from sleep mode (wake up from sleep), in case of wireless adapters, sometimes it may not re-establish the wireless connection.

1. In Control Panel, click System and Security, then Device Manager. Right-click the network adapter (that keeps getting turned off), and select Properties.

2. Now head over to the Power Management tab, uncheck the option that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", and click OK.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: A6210 - Code 10 after every restart; Need to unplug and plug back in every time (Windows 10)

Hi mattstru,

At times your network adapter gets disabled after resuming from sleep mode (wake up from sleep), in case of wireless adapters, sometimes it may not re-establish the wireless connection.

1. In Control Panel, click System and Security, then Device Manager. Right-click the network adapter (that keeps getting turned off), and select Properties.

2. Now head over to the Power Management tab, uncheck the option that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", and click OK.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi mattstru,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7