× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 Installation Blues

CW565
Follower

A6210 Installation Blues

I put in the disk and did the installation but it wouldn't detect my adapter. I decided to try and install the driver from the CD but that gets stuck in an infinite loop asking me to insert the adapter and click continue but every time I do it just tells me to do it again. Then I tried to uninstall everything but when I try to uninstall the software it pops up and attempts to re-install itself before failing with an error message. This happens every time I try to un-install making it impossible to get rid of. On top of that whenever I try to use the Netgear set up to just re-install the genie I get error code 1605 which tells me the software isn't even installed.

Everything has been a terrible headache. Even downloading the driver online gives me the same issue as when I installed it from the CD, just an infinite loop that does nothing. I'm using Windows 10 if that info helps.

In summary:

1. My adapter was not being detected in USB 2.0 or 3.0

2. I can not uninstall the genie

3. I can not install the driver from CD or Online

4. I can not re-install the genie since it tells me I have nothing installed to begin with

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 5
RyanRomeroSR
Aspirant

Re: A6210 Installation Blues

And the answer is a different version of Genie. The one that worked for me came with my Netgear Extender

Message 2 of 5
VE6CGX
Master

Just manually download latest driver and install it. Or don't plug in the adapter until install wizard asks to plug it in.

Message 3 of 5
VE6CGX
Master

Just manually download latest driver and install it. Or don't plug in the adapter until install wizard asks to plug it in. Before trying again delete

all the traces of A6210 stuff from your computer(or PC)

Message 4 of 5
RyanRomeroSR
Aspirant

I left everything plugged in, Kept reinstalling : Genie removed and reinstalled itself. However forgot to say I rebooted after install.

This is the particular Item I had previously;

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/WN3000RPv3.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Looked a little more into it. Part of it was that it installed another app aswell :

NETGEAR genie Smart Setup

Thats what installed it.

Heres Netgears HIDDEN link....Took FOREVER to find this, hope this helps.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/Smart%20Wizard%20Utility.aspx?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7