× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 Painfully slow during uploads

LaxSlash1993
Aspirant

A6210 Painfully slow during uploads

Having an issue on a Windows 8.1 Pro Custom Build with this adaptor.

95% of the time, it works just fine, but when uploading a video to YouTube or doing some other upload intensive action, the connection speed just absolutely plummets.

Doing a speedtest to a server ~50 Miles away from me, I can manage 25MB Download and 15-20MB Upload easily with no problem through the adaptor, along with a ping speed of anywhere between 25ms and 32ms (this is on Verizon FiOS). However, during the upload, Download drops to 13MBPS, the ping will go anywhere from 811-4050ms, and the Upload speeds will go to anywhere from 0.00MBPS (Timeout Speed) to 0.01MBPS to the same server. I know that this is an adaptor issue, because all other devices in my house can still get their full connection speeds during the uploads, it seems. The internet becomes completely unusable on my computer, and it takes just under an hour just to upload a 251MB File. Google itself won't even load right away, taking anywere from 3-5 seconds just to show the header, and then another 10-20 to show the actual search results - if it decides that it's even going to.

I've tried making sure that the Power Management was disabled for it, as well as enabling the Multimedia/Gaming Modes for the adaptor, but to no avail.

Drivers are all up to date, version 1.0.0.34.

Any help and/or ideas?

Message 1 of 6
LaxSlash1993
Aspirant

Re: A6210 Painfully slow during uploads

Bump.

Message 2 of 6
LaxSlash1993
Aspirant

Doing another bump. Really need a solution or suggestions on this.

Message 3 of 6
LaxSlash1993
Aspirant

Bump.

Message 4 of 6
LaxSlash1993
Aspirant

Bump.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

HI LaxSlash1993,

If you connect the adapter on a different computer, will you get the same problem? 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7