× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 disconnecting

williamx
Follower

A6210 disconnecting

This device has problems maintaining a connection to my modem. I have read through the posts about this and havent seen a solution that works. I have filed a ticket but havent gotten a reply for 4 days so will likely ask for a replacement or refund if no one can help fix it within the next week or so from the store. It connects fine though you are forced to troubleshoot every few minutes from loss of connection where windows resets the adapter and it works again.

I've installed the genie then did the stand alone driver. Problems still persisted.

Uncheck the power saving mode in device manager. Problems still persisted.

Set Max USB Speed to 3.0 from Auto. Problems still persisted.

Disable NetgearSwitchUSB in Task Manager. Problems still persisted.

Swapped over to USB 2.0 and set that as Max USB Speed. Problems still persisted.

Driver version is 5.1.35.0 and using windows 10.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2
nauticalMike
Aspirant

Re: A6210 disconnecting

I'm experiencing disconnections with this device as well on latest version of Windows 10 ver.2004 and latest driver.

The only thing I found that helps is under Device Manager select this device in Network Adapters--> Power Management and make sure it has a tick in the first option to allow the computer to turn off this device...

Netgear needs to issue this device with a new driver.

Best of luck

M

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7