× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6210 won't be recognised by genie

Aikon94
Aspirant

A6210 won't be recognised by genie

I am running windows 10 pro. I bought this product today and it doesnt work. I get to the step during the setup where i need to insert the usb adapter into my computer however my computer wont detect the adapter. It gives me the message, "Netgear A2610 not found" Ive tried the setup through both the disk and the online drivers. Ive disabled both my windows firewall and windows defender. I've restarted my computer and uninstalled the netgear program but it still doesnt work. Please help.

Message 1 of 5
HFJuli
Aspirant

Betreff: A6210 won't be recognised by genie

Hi

I have same problems, yesterday it was working good. Today its coming an update for the Netgear USB adapter and now its can not more found the adapter.

Message 2 of 5
Aikon94
Aspirant

Betreff: A6210 won't be recognised by genie

Up, 2 days before i'll return this wi-fi adapter and buy another brand one, 

Message 3 of 5
cable57
Aspirant

Re: A6210 won't be recognised by genie

I too have this problem, have followed the troubleshooting guide. 802.11ac wireless lan card is what the device manager shows when i plug in the adapter. so how do I/we change the driver to be reconized by the genie software?

I Wished that tech companies would moderate the discussion boards and have experts respond to the feeds with solutions. All I have ever seen on any of them is a group of people complaining about the same problem and no one has the answer unless someone stumbles on the answer and repost in the forum. I am tech savy IMHO it would be customer friendly to have forums as such. Microsoft has good ones because the group is made up of experts in Microsoft. other tech companies just have joe and jane blows that are all in the same boat of knowlage.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 4 of 5
cable57
Aspirant

Re: A6210 won't be recognised by genie

if you bought it today then you are lucky. your in the 90 day support window and can call to have the problem resolved for free....

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7