× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot check firmware updates

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Cannot check firmware updates

Im trying to check A7000 firmware updates with genie software, it advances to 20%, and stays there forever ?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

But you didnt understand that i have been doing what you suggested in first place ?

Anyways, if this usb stick is allready abandoned by netgear, i wont bother anymore 🙂

Ty you for the suggestions and for replying.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies

@Retired_Member wrote:

Im trying to check A7000 firmware updates with genie software, it advances to 20%, and stays there forever ?

A better option is to visit the support pages and to download any updates from there.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

The latest update was four years ago:

A7000 Software Version 1.0.0.15 (Windows) | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Im not looking software, your link is for genie software 🙂 Within genie software you should be able to update firmware..

I dont see any other way to update usb stick since it does not have its own web frontend or ui...

Message 3 of 8

@Retired_Member wrote:

I dont see any other way to update usb stick since it does not have its own web frontend or ui...

Did you read my message?

The way to update the usb stick is to download the software and run the program it delivers.

Try reading this again:

A7000 Software Version 1.0.0.15 (Windows) | Answer | NETGEAR Support

To Install:

Using the Download Link below, download and extract the new software to a convenient place such as your desktop.

Download Link:
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/A7000/A7000_V1.0.0.15_Windows.zip

In other words, it is the same process as just about anything you need to update on a computer.

If you need the Mac version, that is there too.

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Well, did you read my first message?
Message 5 of 8

Yes.

I explained how to achieve what you need, an update for your USB adapter.

Feel free to keep hammering away with the "genie". Life, and Netgear, have moved on since then.

Maybe you don't really t want to update the USB adapter. But I can't think of any other use for the "genie".

Message 6 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

But you didnt understand that i have been doing what you suggested in first place ?

Anyways, if this usb stick is allready abandoned by netgear, i wont bother anymore 🙂

Ty you for the suggestions and for replying.

Message 7 of 8

@Retired_Member wrote:

But you didn't understand that i have been doing what you suggested in first place ?

Where did you say that?

Who said that?

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7