× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Device undetected after computer wakeup

Leggo0
Follower

Device undetected after computer wakeup

Recently, after going to use my desktop after waking the computer up from sleep, my A6210 will be undetected. The only way I have found to fix it is to unplug the antenna from the docking base on my desk and replug it in. My computer "reinstalls" and then connects to my network no problem. But every. single. time. I wake up my computer, it does this. If the computer was completely off, the device is recognized upon startup so there is something wrong with it not waking up. I have checked my power settings and made sure the "allow this computer to put this device to sleep" box is not checked so I am kinda at a loss here. Drivers are up to date, I also installed the Genie just to be safe and it still isn't working. 

Windows 10

Netgear Driver version 5.1.29.0

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain Antenna WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 6
itsjustfrank
Aspirant

Re: Device undetected after computer wakeup

I have the same problem. This also occurs on some restarts, but happens every time the PC resumes from sleep. The only solution is to unplug the adapter and plug it back in. Depending on where the device is located this can be a nuisance. I'm guessing since this doesn't keep the device from functioning - it is more of an extreme annoyance that it doesn't work properly - this is probably why Netgear is ignoring this problem.

I have also checked power settings to ensure that Windows is not powering off USB devices and that wireless adapters are set to max performance.

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 4 of 6
itsjustfrank
Aspirant

I thought I had made it clear in my post that I tried this solution. Apologies if I hadn't. This does has no effect on my issue. When resuming from sleep the device is still unresponsive.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi itsjustfrank,

Have you tried it on a different computer?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7