× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear A6100 Wifi adpaters dropping out

mbkitmgr3
Aspirant

Netgear A6100 Wifi adpaters dropping out

I have a client that has approx 12 desktops all running Windows 10 and connected to their Wireless via Netgear AC600 USB adapters.

They report and I have experienced them devices frequently dropping the connection, with a number of events in the event log each time the network connectivity is lost.  I have tried:

• reinstalling the drivers from NG,(V 1030.25.701.2017)
  • checked for firmware updates,
  • uninstalled the drivers to see if Windows native drives help but nothing has so far worked.
  • tried different driver versions to see if there are specifics to each machine

Are there any known issues with these? Given the number of these adapters the client owns and the fact all are dropping connectivity at different times and duration's suggests there are.

Message 1 of 3

Re: Netgear A6100 Wifi adpaters dropping out

@mbkitmgr3 wrote:

I have a client that has approx 12 desktops all running Windows 10 and connected to their Wireless via Netgear AC600 USB adapters.

That's a lot of devices using a pretty basic USB adapter to connect to the network.It first came out in 2013, long before Windows 10.

Is the main router up to that load?

Just another user with time on their hands.

Message 2 of 3
mbkitmgr3
Aspirant

Re: Netgear A6100 Wifi adpaters dropping out

Yes, the Cisco is up to the task as is the Meraki AP's.  It seems to not matter if a device is connected to the business WLAN or tethered to a hot-spot they still see the devices drop off.  The client bought them - certainly not the product or setup I would recommend.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series