× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie keeps poping up

DukeNukeum
Aspirant

Netgear Genie keeps poping up

Yesterday my Netgear Genie Auto Updated the software on my computer which is a Windows Vista Gateway Desktop and ever since it was updated  whenever I reboot my computer the Netgear Genie keeps popping up and asking me which wifi connection I want to select despite the fact that I already have one selected automatically. How to I set it to stop popping up without clicking on the icon first which I am not doing since I don't need to select Network. Please let me know how to stop the annoying pop up. Thank for taking the time to read this everybody.Smiley Happy

"Come Get Some!" Duke Nukeum

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Netgear Genie keeps poping up

Hi DukeNukeum,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi DukeNukeum,

Try to uncheck it on the start up of your computer. Also, if you don't want to use the Genie, you may uninstall it.

Message 2 of 5
DukeNukeum
Aspirant

Thanks I will try that then. If I have any more problems I'll be sure to post on here again.Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi DukeNukeum,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 4 of 5
DukeNukeum
Aspirant

Actually that solution above didn't resolve the problem. In regards to checking it off since I couldn't find the part on the computer to do that. And I don't want to uninstall the genie since I need it on the computer since my desktop doesn't have wifi built into it like later models since mine is from 2007. But I think I will just let it go. It is not that big of a deal anyway. So I will just say solved then. Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7