× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No access to router A6210

taktak
Aspirant

No access to router A6210

Hello all. I'm in a hotel and cannot physically access the router. Is there a way for me to connect the A6210? I'm talking about the WPS feature of the adapter.

The Netgear software is loaded on my laptop.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: No access to router A6210

You should be able to connect to the wireless using the password they provide you

Message 2 of 5
taktak
Aspirant

Hello and thanks. 🙂

Yes, the hotel has provided the password for its network. It appears that I have misunderstood that I require _both_ the network password _and_ a WPS connection. After reading your response I now understand that the WPS is not needed.

Unfortunately, when I use this A6210, the internet speed remains unchanged. No improvement. I am using a USB 3.0 port.

QUESTION

Is there a way that I can fine-tune the Netgear driver or my Windows 10 settings such that the A6210 delivers more speed?

PS: I can see that the A6210 is operational when I check device properties within Windows 10. Additionally the laptop detects or sees many more wireless networks when the A6210 is plugged in.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

most hotels limit the speed per device so they can supply the whole hotel. 

You can try checking with them but their front desk is unlikely to know

Message 4 of 5
taktak
Aspirant

Your assessment of the hotel environment is correct I believe. 

All is not lost, as the USB adapter _does_ pull in many more available networks. Although I won't be using those additional networks, their presence, when using the USB adapter, indicates high gain. And, consequently, the possibility of better streaming and fewer dropped connections on the network that I _do_ use. Even if speed to my device is capped by the network.

Not ideal. But better than nothing.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7