× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

The A6200 Connection Problems

Unfiltered
Novice

The A6200 Connection Problems

I've been experiencing the A6200 problem of not connecting sometimes after waking from sleep mode or a computer reboot. Unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in again usually solved the problem and sometimes the troubleshooter was able for resolve it.

Irritated that Netgear seemed unable to resolve the issue I bought a new Linksys adapter intending to eventually discard my Netgear router and abandon Netgear products altogether. However. The new Linksys adapter started having the same issues after about an hour. One oddity that I notice now is that hovering the cursor over the signal strength icon in the sys tray shows the following: "Not connected - No connections are available". This shows up even though I am, in fact connected and accessing the internet. The message is showing even as I'm posting this thread.

Bottom line. I suspect that the problems may not be related or caused by the A6200 adapter but instead are the result of a corrupted OS function or a motherboard issue. In my case I'm suspecting a motherboard failure and intend to install a new board since there are also numerous other problems as well. This may not be a Netgear problem at all.

Message 1 of 3
Phil6200
Novice

Re: The A6200 Connection Problems

For my A6200, i went into it's Properties - Advanced settings and changed the "Minimum Power Consumption" from ENABLED to DISABLED.

I did this once before along with other changes i saw another person did, but this time started with this and it worked, so i did not change anything else.
I can't recall what the others were or the forum in which i saw the other suggestions. Good luck & reply about any success if possible!
Message 2 of 3
lurzan
Novice

Re: The A6200 Connection Problems

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7