× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNA 1100 N150 adapter TWO SIMULTANEOUS FAILURES ON 2 DIFFERENT SYSTEMS!

moprob99
Aspirant

WNA 1100 N150 adapter TWO SIMULTANEOUS FAILURES ON 2 DIFFERENT SYSTEMS!

Yesterday, on two different systems with 2 different WNA 1100 adapters:

Win 8.1 64 bit

Win 7 32 bit

* each adapter quit operating, the first sign being the network icon turned red / no networks available

* on each system the adapter was still shown as operating properly

* on each system, a reboot allowed the adapter to operate == for about 15 minutes!

* I ran windows network trouble shooter and it failed to repair

* without rebooting, I installed the latest driver (already installed), in device manage it now said 'can not start'

* upon reboot the adapter worked and connected

Each system had a windows update the previous night, that is my only event linking the two systems

Has anyone experience this during the past few days 7/25/2018?

I am timing the 32 bit Win 7 system now after reboot and will post result. It has lasted 10 minutes so far.

Bizzare 

Tim

Model: WNA1000|Wireless-N 150 USB Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
moprob99
Aspirant

Re: WNA 1100 N150 adapter TWO SIMULTANEOUS FAILURES ON 2 DIFFERENT SYSTEMS!

The reinstall of the latest versions on both systems has repaired the issue. After reinstall, I used the Win 7 64 bit system  6 hours with no issues. The win 8.1 system 64 bit has been failure free for three days as it runs as my print server system.

I blame a windows update for the issue, with the reinstall of the latest (win 10 support) driver.

I am still curious if any others experience the weird behavior, but my issue seems resolved.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
moprob99
Aspirant

The adapter has functioned for 40 minutes on the Win 7 32 bit systems since reinstall of latest drivers and reboot. I will reinstall the latest drivers on the Win 7 64 bit and test.

Message 2 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi moprob99, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 4
moprob99
Aspirant

The reinstall of the latest versions on both systems has repaired the issue. After reinstall, I used the Win 7 64 bit system  6 hours with no issues. The win 8.1 system 64 bit has been failure free for three days as it runs as my print server system.

I blame a windows update for the issue, with the reinstall of the latest (win 10 support) driver.

I am still curious if any others experience the weird behavior, but my issue seems resolved.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7