× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNA3100 installation isn't going anywhere

JustinA
Aspirant

WNA3100 installation isn't going anywhere

So I tried to install my WNA3100 by entering the installation CD.  The first step was to check for updates, which revealed that a new version (2.2.0.4) of the NETGEAR software was available.  This was downloaded and installed successfully (although there was some warning about a driver not installing).

Now what?  Nothing happened after that - no actual installation process.  I went to where this installation software is located on my computer (C:\Program Files (x86)\NETGEAR\WNA3100), and tried to open the only plausible-looking item there, "WNA3100.exe".  Absolutely nothing happened when I did so.

What do I do now?

Message 1 of 5
JustinA
Aspirant

Re: WNA3100 installation isn't going anywhere

More info: I'm installing on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Message 2 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi JustinA,

Uninstall the driver of your adapter. Download again the driver in support site and reinstall it. If the driver with Genie did not work, try to use the standalone driver.

http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNA3100#searchResults

Message 3 of 5
JustinA
Aspirant

Which version should I download and install, given that I use Windows 7 Home Premium?

The download page you linked to indicates that versions 2.2.0.4, 2.2.0.2, and 2.1 all "support" more advanced Windows OS's than I have, so my guess was that I shouldn't use any of them.  So I tried the next one on the list, version 2.0.  However, when I downloaded this and initiated the setup, I got stuck in an eternal "blue spinning wheel" loop that I still haven't escaped from (I'm not even able to initiate Task Manager to shut it down; and yet I can do other actions like type this posting).

The installation CD that came with the adapter has version 2.3, which isn't even listed on that download page.

So now I'm more confused than ever.  Please advise?

Message 4 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi JustinA,

Try the latest driver version. When installing, please try to disable first the antivirus or firewall then enable it after the installation.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7