× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNCE4004 will not connect with AC1750 router despite multiple attempts

SurreymanPA1
Aspirant

WNCE4004 will not connect with AC1750 router despite multiple attempts

I purchased a Archer C7 AC 1750 router and cannot get my WNCE4004 wireless HD video and gaming adapter to connect to the router. I tried using the set up wizard and also WPS and when I use the wiziard I get the following message: "Please move device closer to your existing router or gateway. The selected network is no long available. Please make sure the existing network equipment is within the proximity of the extender". I had the adapter about 3 ft away and got this message. All my other wireless non-Netgear adapters and wireless bridges, PC, printer, and laptops connected to the router with no problem. I have tried to set up the adapter using 2 different computers and also tied to reset the Netgear adapter. Nothing has worked. Any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Re: WNCE4004 will not connect with AC1750 router despite multiple attempts

Hi @SurreymanPA1,

Welcome to Community!

Can you provide the firmware version of the WNCE4004. Please make sure it has the latest one. You can visit http://support.netgear.com/product/WNCE4004.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 8
SurreymanPA1
Aspirant

I have had the same issue with firmware  version 1.0.0.22 (initial release) and also firmware version 1.0.0.32. With both versions of the firmware the WNCE4004 just will not connect to the C7 router.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 8
JamesGL
Master

@SurreymanPA1,

Let me check on this and I will provide you an update ASAP.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 8
SurreymanPA1
Aspirant

I did some more toublshooting and have found the following: I attempted to connect the WNE4004 to my old router using the WPA AES security and was able to connect at both bands. Looks like the issue that I am having is not with the 4004 hardware but with the 4004 trying to connect with the new router and that something is prohibiting the 4004 to make this connection. Documentation for the WNCE4004 is poor. I am not that wireless network savy so can anyone point me in the direction where I can look at the settings on my C7 router to make sure that they are compatabile with the WNCE4004?  

Message 5 of 8
JamesGL
Master

@SurreymanPA1,

Try changing the channel of the C7000 and also reset the WNCE4004.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 6 of 8
SurreymanPA1
Aspirant

Thanks. I reset the channel on the C7 router from 'auto' to 1 and then 6 on the 2.4 GHz band, and also reset the WNCE 4004 and tried again to connect the wireless adapter and it would still not connect. I then upgraded the AC1750 firmware and then manually reconfigered the router, selecting single channels for both the 2.4GHz and 5 GHz bands rather than auto channel and have the WPA2-PSK AES security for both. I then connected all the other wireless devices with no problems again, except for the Netgear WNCE4004, as it still will not connect and I am getting the same error message for this device. There is something going on between the router and the WNCE4004 that effects connecting the 2.  

Message 7 of 8
JamesGL
Master

@SurreymanPA1,

Would it be ok if you can try to use a different security option like WPA and check if it connects or having the same problem?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7