× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi stops working after 80%+ GPU usage [Netgear WNA3100M N300]

SAN925
Aspirant

Wifi stops working after 80%+ GPU usage [Netgear WNA3100M N300]

Netgear WNA3100M N300

Windows 10

Intel UHD 630 graphics
and Geforce GT 730
8 gb ram

I-7 8700

When ever my GPU usage crosses 80% my wifi stops working!
My old wifi usb used to overheat, it was not a netgear usb. I bought a Netgear WNA3100M N300 and now whenever i try to run stuff like obs and anyother app like Blender my wifi stops working.
Please help me with a way to fix this

Model: WNA3100|Wireless-N 300 USB Adapter
Message 1 of 5

Re: Wifi stops working after 80%+ GPU usage [Netgear WNA3100M N300]

@SAN925 wrote:

I bought a Netgear WNA3100M N300 and now whenever i try to run stuff like obs and anyother app like Blender my wifi stops working.

Smells like something amiss on your PC to me.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

WiFi Adapters - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 5
SAN925
Aspirant

Hey my bad i didnt mean to choose that router! How ever i have a Digisol router!

Message 3 of 5

@SAN925 wrote:

Hey my bad i didnt mean to choose that router! How ever i have a Digisol router!

Digisol routers have nothing to do with Netgear

Your footer says:

WNA3100|Wireless-N 300 USB Adapter

That's not a router. As the label it says it is USB adapter for wifi.

If you don't own one of those, I have no idea what help you expect from this place.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

have you tried the adapter in other pc/laptops? 

If you've isolated it to when the gpu is hitting >80% (probably a bit of strain on cpu as well), it could be a power issue. 

Have you checked the power supply?

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7