× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wnda4100 not found after Windows 10 upgrade

ThomasGeisler
Follower

Wnda4100 not found after Windows 10 upgrade

My WNDA4100 N900 WiFi USB adapter, that worked perfectly on windows 7 (64bit), has stopped working once I installed the windows10 upgrade . When using the installer it would say the adapter hasn't been found. I tried uninstalling all netgear related applications and downloading the latest driver.
Not even the light on the adapter will turn on at all.

Any solutions or is it broken
Message 1 of 11
garyinfl
Aspirant

Re: Wnda4100 not found after Windows 10 upgrade

Im having the same problem.  Version .13 doesn't help.

Message 2 of 11
YardMan
Aspirant

When I upgraded to Win 10 I first could not detect my 5ghz network and then when I tried re-installing the software I could not get my 2.4 ghz to work. No light, no nothing no internet. Seems Netgear could have seen this coming? What can I do to get back on the internet? Please help?

Message 3 of 11
dreynt
Initiate

This has happened at every successive version of windows - the adapter wouldn't work after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8, same with upgrade to Windows 8.1 from 8, and now it seems that Netgear has done it again.  I tried installing the drivers from the site, but if you look at the date on the driver following install, its a year old (Dated 6-6-2014) - which means it was not intended to work with Windows 10.  The driver package is even called Win_8.  What I fully expect to happen is that within a week or two Netgear will post a new driver package and then blame the whole fiasco on Microsoft--which has been their response for the past two upgrade fails.

Message 4 of 11
dreynt
Initiate

This user has found a workaround - it essentially involves removing the default driver from version 13 of the software from Realtek that is being loaded and replacing it with another driver. Version 13 of the Netgear software is http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WNDA4100#searchResults 

Watch the video on Youtube or follow my instructions below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p84nq9mhvwM

Control Panel -->  Device Manager --Network Adapters --> Netgear WNDA4100 --> Right Click -- Update Driver Software -- Browse my Compuiter -- > Let me Pick from a List of device drivers on my computer -- >  Then use the driver marked Netgear (second in the list), DO NOT use the one marked as Realtek as it is what is causing the problem.  After installing the new driver, you may need to reboot but this worked for me. 

Message 5 of 11
garyinfl
Aspirant

This worked for me!  You're the MAN

Message 6 of 11
marinecomm
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. When I try to install the standalone driver or the software at some point it freezes and won't complete the installation. If I go to the Device Manager the wifi adapter shows up. However, for the life of me I can't get it to work.

Message 7 of 11
garyinfl
Aspirant

dreynt has the solution that worked for me... follow his steps

Message 8 of 11
marinecomm
Aspirant

Tried that but since the installation of the driver freezes it never fully loads the driver onto the system so there are no Netgear drivers to choose from.

Message 9 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello marinecomm

The first thing I would do is make sure you have a the latest drivers from your PC manufactor for your usb ports. Second uninstall all of your netgear network adapters drivers then reinstall the latest driver without the usb adapter plugged into the pc. after you have install the drivers then try to plug the usb adapter back into the pc. We are also working on drivers so if this dosnt work let me know some info about your PC and what issues your still having.

1. Did you upgrade from windows 7 or 8 or did a clean install of win 10

2. Does your pc have amd or intel chipset

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29490/~/netgear-product-support-for-microsoft-windows-...

DarrenM

Message 10 of 11
mradamski80
Aspirant

I've tried ask of the steps above down to the last detail. Nothing works, not even a manual connection via the Genie.

I am using the WNDA4100 Netgear adapter with an HP 8200 Elite Small Form. I upgraded from Windows 7, and this is the only device not working.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7