× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frontier Fiber Internet with Amazon Eero Pro 6e; Netgear GS108v4; Sony HDTV XR55A80J Ethernet Cable

TreeOGreen
Aspirant

Frontier Fiber Internet with Amazon Eero Pro 6e; Netgear GS108v4; Sony HDTV XR55A80J Ethernet Cable

Frontier Fiber Internet with Amazon Eero Pro 6e; Netgear GS108v4; Sony HDTV XR55A80J Ethernet

Just had connected new service with Frontier. I figured maybe it was the Netgear GS108v4 switch box not working so I swapped out 2x with 2 other brand switch boxes and it did the same thing. It will not recognize the Sony TV ethernet cable plugged into the Netgear GS108v4 switch box to the Amazon Eero Pro 6e port.  It recognizes the 4 out of the 5 ethernet I have hooked up to the Netgear, just not the Sony TV ethernet only. Why?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TreeOGreen
Aspirant

Re: Frontier Fiber Internet with Amazon Eero Pro 6e; Netgear GS108v4; Sony HDTV XR55A80J Ethernet Ca

Hello. Yesterday, I had found the solution and it was a faulty ethernet cable installed by Frontier up in the attic. I had to use electrical black tape and scissors to make it stay snapped together. JulienR would you  be able to delete this post on your end?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JulienR
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Frontier Fiber Internet with Amazon Eero Pro 6e; Netgear GS108v4; Sony HDTV XR55A80J Ethernet Ca

Hi @TreeOGreen,

Here are few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Try to connect the Sony TV directly to the Amazon Eero, this will help determine if the issue is with the switch or somewhere else.
  2. Try a different Ethernet cable.
  3. Try plugging the Sony TV into a different port of the Netgear switch.
  4. Check that the LEDs of the port of the Netgear switch connected to the TV are not off.
  5. Check the network configuration of the TV.

Best Regards,

Julien R. 

Message 2 of 4
TreeOGreen
Aspirant

Hello. Yesterday, I had found the solution and it was a faulty ethernet cable installed by Frontier up in the attic. I had to use electrical black tape and scissors to make it stay snapped together. JulienR would you  be able to delete this post on your end?

Message 3 of 4
JulienR
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @TreeOGreen,

I would recommend you to change the ethernet cable to avoid further issues.

I don't have the ability to delete an entire thread but it might be useful for other member of our community.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Julien R.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements