× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS105 communication loss

burakozdmr
Follower

GS105 communication loss

Hello all, 

I need some help about GS105 switch. I have a camera system. I am using GS105 switch inside the camera and there are 3 ethernet device connected to my gs105 switch. i have another switch LB-Link model BL-SF801 to stream videos and show that video stream on a field pc. Also some ethernet devices such as computer and GSM router are connected to that switch. I have a cable between these two switch to provide communication between cameras and my field computer. Somehow, after a while, communication is missing between these two switch despite all other devices communicating with these switches. When i check the system i am not able to see any light blinking on the related port numbers for both switch. Also the target devices does not response to ping. I have changed the cable and sockets but situation is still same. To undestand the problem, i restarted (power cycle) to LB link switch, but it did not solve the issue. Because of the netgear is not reachable physically to make power cycle, i restarted all system together. After full system power cycle somehow problem disappearing and they are communicating again. I am not familiar about that switch technology. Can someone explain me why i have that problem. And what are required diagnose activities to solve that issue. 

Regards.

Burak

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements