× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS316 - Missing Rack mount kit

Levure
Follower

GS316 - Missing Rack mount kit

Hello,

I've bought a Netgear GS316 Switch.

The documentation (https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/switches/soho-ethernet-switches/gs316.aspx#tab-tech...) indicates there is a rackmount kit in the box :

VERSATILE MOUNTING OPTIONS: Supports desktop, wall or rackmount placement, and includes all the necessary mounting hardware in the box

Contrary to what is indicated in your website, there isn't any rackmount kit in the box.

Is it possible to order one ? If yes, what is the exact reference of this kit ?

Many thanks in advance for your reply !
Regards,

Model: GS316|16 Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS316 - Missing Rack mount kit

Fear there is none - can't see any mounting/screw holes on the narrow sides. The shop information seems to be generic for all modules and not applicable to all model variants listed.

The SOHO Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switches Series 300 Data Sheet p.1 shows (just like the per-product features comparison on p.3):

"Desktop or wall-mountable (5, 8, 16-port models); GS324 is desktop, wall-mountable, and rack-mountable (rack-mount kit included); GS348 is rackmountable (rack-mount kit included)"

Message 2 of 5
Alpacasi
Aspirant

Hi There!

Just to let you know what I did for my rack.

I installed so far 1 GS324 (comes with already bracket for rackmount)

and also installed GS316 below. Because the GS316 is a little longer that GS324, I had no choice to make a search for shorter bracket. I found that Trendnet ETH-11MK Kit worked no so bad.

Of course it as been made for higher unit like GS324 but that gives me a space to put Ethernet cables to the other side.

I bought them on Amazon and it was cheap.

I recently bought GS316-PP POE switch who has exactly the size of GS316 I already have. I'll do the same thing.

Plus, I had to install some power supply in my rack hiding them under the drawers. Those ETH-11KM of great for that too.

Alain

Top is GS324 with Netgear BraketTop is GS324 with Netgear BraketBelow GS324 is GS316 with Trendnet BracketBelow GS324 is GS316 with Trendnet BracketThere is a little space below GS316 for wiresThere is a little space below GS316 for wiresUsing Trendnet bracket to hold power supplyUsing Trendnet bracket to hold power supplyView of power supply installedView of power supply installed

Message 3 of 5
Alpacasi
Aspirant

Message 4 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Levure

Welcome to the Community!

The GS316 is actually wall mountable and usually a wall mount kit is included. You maybe pertaining to GS324 and GS348 where it is spec'd to be rackmountable. A rackmount kit for this switch may not be available but you may want to check @Alpacasi 's recommendation.

HTH

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements