× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch Discovery Tool for Linux does not detect all switches

keesb
Initiate

Switch Discovery Tool for Linux does not detect all switches

There is a Discovery Tool for Linux (v1.2.103). I'm seeing only two of the more than 15 switches I have. I have a mix of 48port, 16port, 8port and 5port switches.

There is also an Open Source tool (not maintained anymore). With that I could discover four switches.

At one point I installed Windows in a virtual machine. There I was able to see all (or almost all) switches.

Why can't I see all my switches with the Linux tool? Is it because the Linux tool is out of date? Strange enough, I downloaded the tool again today. It had the same version v1.2.103, but it shows the year 2022 on the front page.

--

Kees

Model: GS348|48 Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch, GS748Tv5|ProSafe 48 ports Gigabit Smart switch
Message 1 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Switch Discovery Tool for Linux does not detect all switches

@keesb,

It would be best that you open a support ticket with NETGEAR Support here at anytime.  Kindly state your concern as well as you may include the link to this post. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
keesb
Initiate

It turns out to be impossible for me to create a support ticket. I've tried many times, but I could never get to the point to fill in something somewhere.

-- Kees

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@keesb,

What is the specific model of your NETGEAR Switch?  If ever you have a Smart Managed Plus Switch like the GS108Ev3 or a Smart Managed Pro Switch like the GS748Tv5 which is beyond the 90-day free email/phone technical support, I believe you can still reach the NETGEAR Chat Support (Lifetime Chat support).  Kindly try to open a chat support ticket with NETGEAR Support here.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements