× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2 x ReadyNas 2120 V2 6.4.1 hangs, Major problems

Condiesit
Aspirant

2 x ReadyNas 2120 V2 6.4.1 hangs, Major problems

Hi

we have Major problems with our 2 2120 v2's the upgrade to 6.4.0 really caused issue's with the usb drives, we rant he beta for a shirt time which resolved these issue's but then caused the devices to hang when copying large files to them, we have now upgraded to 6.4.1 to see if this resolved the issue's btu the hanging has got worse.

we basicly use them for backuping up servers to them using Acronis, then the backups get copied to the usb drive plugged in to the nas each night so we can take them offsite.

we have found that when the servers start to backup to the nas it is fine but if we have 3 or more servers backing up at the same time the device will hang. as in we can't even ping it any more. the only resolution is to power off via the switch at the back and power back on.

we have also hhad them hang when only one server is backing up. both are doing it, it's cause a nightmare issue with backups as you can imagine.

the network cards are not bonded.

any help would be appriciated

Cheers

Tom

Message 1 of 7
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: 2 x ReadyNas 2120 V2 6.4.1 hangs, Major problems

Hello Condiesit,

Do you have any app running at the same time on these ReadyNAS units?

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
Condiesit
Aspirant

Hi

no apps running at all, we just use them for backup storage so they are not that far off a factory reset, just a share and ip address. we have had to give up using them for the moment.

again last night we had one server backing up to one of them and it hung during the night. rebooted this morning and a resync of the drive has started.

I am going to try a factory reset one of them and see if it helps at all.

any other sugestions?

Cheers

Tom

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Have you checked the disk health?  It might also be useful to look for trouble in the logs.

Message 4 of 7
Condiesit
Aspirant

disks all check out fine, I would be supprised if it was disks as it's happening on both as Drives

which logs should I check as when you download them there are loads to look at.

Cheers

Tom

Message 5 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you have not already you may wish to open an online support case and attach the logs zip file to it.

Do you use anti-virus on the NAS?

Message 6 of 7
Condiesit
Aspirant

no AV, I have now opened up a case via the website though

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation