× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 6.9.3 SMB Veeam backup, error "ReFs.SetFileIntegrity"

evan2
NETGEAR Expert

I download the latest version of veeam backup & replication,

SMB backup is OK on RN214 (6.9.4 not release) and RN422 (6.9.3 and 6.9.4 not release)

Version is 9.5.0.1922, 

File Copy Job1: Backup a folder on D to a Share on RN214,

File Copy Job2: Backup a folder on D to a Share on RN422,

Please see below information.

Veeam SMB backup2.png

Message 26 of 30
WingDog
Guide

it's fun enought.

it's good, very very good (an archivment for NTGR) that devices can handle regular SMB copy.

we are talking about backup job issue, but you are making smb copy test.

I have nothing more to say.

Message 27 of 30
evan2
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry!

I installed a trial license, and create a share to do backup and reproduce the issue.

I will report to developter to check the issue.

Agent Backup.png

Message 28 of 30
StephenB
Guru

@WingDog wrote:
After two months of friendly chit-chat I do have only one question to NTRG:
Does yours QA team did something to investigate this issue? Maybe test lab or at-the-field research? Contacted Veeam? They have excellent QA team.

Yes, they did, and one of their developers reported their findings here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/After-firmware-update-to-6-9-0-my-backup-softwa...

You've been pointed to that post before, but didn't like the answer (which is that it is a bug in Veeam's SMB implementation).  But they did investigate it.

Message 29 of 30
mschaffl
Aspirant

I downgraded to firmware 6.9.2 to resolve the issues with veeam. Just download the firmware as a file and load it to your device over the admin web app.

I did now have several times the problem that veeam backups and restores did not work any more after readynas firmware upgades. I decided now to stick with 9.6.2, so will not do any updates anyy more.

It seems that veeam is using protocol features which are not covered by netgears qs.

Message 30 of 30
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements