× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access ReadyNAS Ultra 2 after move

Daisyguarddog
Aspirant

Cannot access ReadyNAS Ultra 2 after move

Hi, I have a windows 10 desktop pc and ReadyNAS Ultra 2 with 2 x 1tb drives on a home network.

I have just moved house and all was working fine  until I set up the new house network =  very simple network with the same credentials and network name as the previous network.

I can access via Raidar and frontview OK, but cannot reconnect via windows explorer.

When I try to map a drive from the NAS, Iet the following error:

I get an error that says

An error occurred while reconnecting P: to \\mymetworkname\media

Microsoft Windows Network:  A specified logon session does not exist.  It may already have been terminated.

The connection has not been restored.

I have tried the following:

Updated to 4.2.30 - no change

Set a windows credential for the IP address which is 192.168.0.18 with the admin user name and password - no change

Rebooted all devices - no change

I can "see" the nas with an IP viewer, but cannot access the drives - Any help greatly appreciated.

Thansk in anticipation, David

Model: ReadyNASRNDU2120|ReadyNAS Ultra 2
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Daisyguarddog
Aspirant

Re: Cannot access ReadyNAS Ultra 2 after move

I fixed it!! Yay!!

I fixed it by going to Settings>Network & Internet>WiFi Advanced Optios and turned "Make this PC Discoverable" to On.

I can now access my mapped drives.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Daisyguarddog
Aspirant

I fixed it!! Yay!!

I fixed it by going to Settings>Network & Internet>WiFi Advanced Optios and turned "Make this PC Discoverable" to On.

I can now access my mapped drives.

Message 2 of 3
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Daisyguarddog,

I apologize if this thread did not receive any replies from other community members, but It is great to know you were able to fix the issue. Thank you for posting what you did to fix it.

To close this thread, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements