× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Enabling DLNA Scan with Tivos admin page times out

dianebrat
Aspirant

Enabling DLNA Scan with Tivos admin page times out

I wanted to go in and reset my long running and stable ReadyNAS to move the backup time for my Tivo folders from 2AM to 3PM, I'd set it up ages ago on an older firmware version.

WIth 6.4.2 I rebooted and went in, adjusted the time, saved the change and rebooted the NAS.

When it came back up it says the Tivo server is disabled, so I enabled it, clicked Save, let it scan for Tivos and it then disconnects the admin page and I can't log back into it because it's too busy.

I've never seen this behavior before, but I also never did any work on the Tivo backup process since 6.4.2.

Any ideas? as it is the unit isn't at a point that I can even tell if the Tivo server and backups will run.

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: Enabling DLNA Scan with Tivos admin page times out

@dianebrat wrote:

No,

I don't consider me having to go out on my own and try beta software as an "acceptable solution" especially since this issue was not mentioned in any release notes.

I will leave this issue open until 6.5 is released as a final release candidate.

6.5 was released a few days ago.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
dianebrat
Aspirant

The answer was upgrade to the beta of the 6.5 OS and everything was fine and operated the way it used to

Message 2 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dianebrat,

Welcome to the community!

We appreciate for letting us know that the latest 6.5.0 beta Firmware has helped resolve your issue with your TiVo. We encourage you to mark this thread resolved by clicking the "Accepted as Solution” button so other community members will be confident and benefit from this solution. We also look forward to hearing from you more and to be a helpful resource in the future!

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
dianebrat
Aspirant

No,

I don't consider me having to go out on my own and try beta software as an "acceptable solution" especially since this issue was not mentioned in any release notes.

I will leave this issue open until 6.5 is released as a final release candidate.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@dianebrat wrote:

No,

6.5 was released a few days ago.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements