× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Forgotten login/password for my RND400 / NV+

Wristel
Aspirant

Forgotten login/password for my RND400 / NV+

Started up my old NAS yesterday but cant get in the "admin page" in firefox and when i try Safari or google it wont accept my login/password or if its that i dont remember it correctly... dont remember ever change it thou..

any easy ideas to get into the NAS using either my MAC or my kids PC laptop?

i can see whats on the NAS and use it but cant get into the settings/admin page

Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Forgotten login/password for my RND400 / NV+

@Wristel wrote:

Started up my old NAS yesterday but cant get in the "admin page" in firefox and when i try Safari or google it wont accept my login/password or if its that i dont remember it correctly... dont remember ever change it thou..

Are you getting to the login pop-up?

Or are you seeing the SSL version and/or Cipher Mismatch error?

Message 2 of 6
Wristel
Aspirant

not really following.. his is what i get..

Skärmavbild 2023-10-15 kl. 18.57.06.png

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Wristel wrote:

not really following.

The NAS admin user name has to be admin.  If you can't recall the password, then you can reset it to the default netgear1 by doing an OS reinstall from the front panel.

Instructions are on pages 23-24 of the hardware manual:

However, you will probably run into the SSL protocol version / cipher mismatch issue after you get past this step.  That is because current browsers now require TLS 1.1, and the NV+ only supports TLS 1.0

You can work around that issue by using FireFox.  Browse to about:config, and then search for the security.tls.version.min setting.  Set that to 1.  After that you can browse directly to https://192.168.1.194/admin in FireFox and log in (no need to use RAIDar).

Message 4 of 6
AnishaA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @Wristel ,

And welcome to the NETGEAR Community! 🙂

You can also perform OS reinstall and use the default user name and password to login to the GUI.

Please use the below default user name and password after performing OS reinstallation.

Username: admin.

Password: password

Also, if you are facing an SSL issue then you can follow the steps mentioned by @StephenB.

I hope your issue will be resolved. If yes then you can close the thread by clicking "Accept as solution". 

Have a lovely day, 
Anisha A
Netgear Team 

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@AnishaA wrote:

Please use the below default user name and password after performing OS reinstallation.

Username: admin.

Password: password

@Wristel - the default password for your legacy NAS is netgear1

NOT password - that won't work.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements