× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FrontView Loading Improperly - EEPROM Issue

tfrederick74656
Aspirant

FrontView Loading Improperly - EEPROM Issue

Hi everyone! I've been a lurker here for quite some time, and this community has been especially helpful! Finally ran into something I couldn't tackle, though -

I'm having the the issues described in these threads, where the EEPROM data is overwritten when USB recovery is used:

community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Unable-to-access-frontview/m-p/946896

community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Frontview-webpage-loading-partial/m-p/962775

community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Frontview-problem-readynas-pro-4/m-p/1058765

I was hoping somebody could help me with this. I'm more than capable of working with Linux, but none of the other posts have included the solution publically. 

Also - I don't generally run any of the stock netgear software/firmware, instead running CentOS as a deduplicated iSCSI storage target, but recently I've been considering selling my unit (not right now, but I wanted to ensure that I COULD return it to stock IF I wanted to). I see that some of the others with this problem have had a one-time fix for this issue. Since I play with custom software on this unit all the time, I'm sure it will happen again. If it's possible to get the solution, rather than just have someone apply the fix, that would definitely be preferable.

Thanks!

Model: RNDP600E |ReadyNAS Pro Pioneer Edition|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Check your PM inbox.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The main reason the solution is not public is that the fix is specific to each device. The fix is different for any two customer devices even if they are the same model.

Message 2 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Check your PM inbox.

Message 3 of 4
tfrederick74656
Aspirant

You rock, thank you so much for all the help!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements