× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to downgrade RAID1 to JBOD

yuppy_xxi
Aspirant

How to downgrade RAID1 to JBOD

I had one HDD in JBOD mode and wanted to extend file space. When I installed a second HDD the system without asking of my confirmation switched to RAID1 and started syncing.

How can I switch back to JBOD?

If ReadyNAS OS isn't able to do it without factory reset, is it safe to do factory reset on legacy hardware upgraded to OS6?

Model: RNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: How to downgrade RAID1 to JBOD

If you are comfortable with ssh, there is a thread here that gives you information you need to undo the RAID-1: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Reducing-RAID-size-removing-drives-...

You can also do a factory reset (either via the boot menu, or from the system->settings->update page).  Remove the new disk before you do that.  Then convert to flexraid before you hot-insert the new disk. 

I suggest unformatting (or zeroing) the new disk in a Windows PC before you hot-insert it. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If you are comfortable with ssh, there is a thread here that gives you information you need to undo the RAID-1: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS-in-Business/Reducing-RAID-size-removing-drives-...

You can also do a factory reset (either via the boot menu, or from the system->settings->update page).  Remove the new disk before you do that.  Then convert to flexraid before you hot-insert the new disk. 

I suggest unformatting (or zeroing) the new disk in a Windows PC before you hot-insert it. 

Message 2 of 3
yuppy_xxi
Aspirant

mdadm solution worked. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements