× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with ReadyNAS Pro

muggsy
Aspirant

Issue with ReadyNAS Pro

Hi, I've got a ReadyNAS Pro Business Ed and having problems since 4.2.15 [Currently up to 4.2.17]. The issue only occurs when the server has just been powered on.

Upon power up the system responds fine, however as soon as I try to right data, whether its coming from my mac, or via SSH the system hangs. Checking htop shows the 1st CPU at 100% and eventually the 2nd CPU peaks at 100% as well. However no processes are actually taking up more than 2-3%. This goes on for about 10 mins, and normally involved all my shares getting disconnected on my MAC or my process via ssh being interrupted. After this period the system runs perfectly fine and htop usage goes down to normal.

I've removed all my addons, disabled all protocols barring CIFS and still the same issue. I've reinstalled the firmware on numerous occasions. I thought I could live with it, but it's starting to get a pretty annoying. Top shows me nothing as well.

Anyone have any ideas where to start or any logs to check. As I said, after this initial period the system works like a dream.
Message 1 of 2
muggsy
Aspirant

Re: Issue with ReadyNAS Pro

Have I posted in the wrong section?
This is still happening. What is strange, is that my media centre runs off my ReadyNAS, and straight after power on, I'm streaming movies etc with no problems.
But as soon as I try to write a file from my mac, via AFP or SMB, or rsync a file from an SSH session it starts going fine and then after about 30 secs, this 100% usage kicks in and I can't do anything.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements