× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LMS(SqueezeBox) for V2's?

ThinkOfANumber
Aspirant

LMS(SqueezeBox) for V2's?

I haven't seen any version of the Logitech Media Server(Squeezebox Server) for the new Marvell based ReadyNas V2's. Is it in the works or will it be be left to a clever community person like most other NASs?
Message 1 of 12
virgiliomi
Aspirant

Re: LMS(SqueezeBox) for V2's?

This might be better asked on Logitech's Squeezebox forums under 3rd Party Hardware... since it looks like the new CPUs are ARM-based, they would need to create a whole new branch of their code to support it.
Message 2 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Looks like they have an ARM Linux tarball so hopefully it wouldn't be too hard for them to develop an add-on for ARM, but we'll have to wait and see I agree asking on Logitech's Squeezebox forums would be a good idea.

The latest add-on SDK (http://www.readynas.com/sdk) supports the new ARM devices.
Message 3 of 12
virgiliomi
Aspirant

I created a bug in the Squeezebox bug tracking system for this request... make sure to vote for it!

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=17852

Also add your voice to this thread I created...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=92828
Message 4 of 12
Deframe
Aspirant

From the looks of it, Netgear haven't sent them any hardware to compile for / test with.

I'm a bit worried about Netgear's plans for the V2. I know it's relatively new (and has a new internal architecture) but it has very little by way of add-ons. Considering how much RAIDiator 5 has been simplified for home users, it could be that Netgear have no plans to help bring more complicated functionality to the device, and that includes LMS.

I actually bought my v2 under the assumption it supported the same streaming services as the original. Oddly enough, the company I bought it from assumed as much too. Their product description page has now changed.
Message 5 of 12
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The new architecture and new web-interface required a major rewrite. There are plans for some new features to be added over time.

Now as for addons, there hasn't been time to develop many yet. It takes time to develop addons, test them on a new platform etc. The Duo v2's been available for under two months and part of that time is the Christmas holidays.

I can't see of a reason why NetGear wouldn't want a SqueezeBox add-on to be developed for ARM. It could be an add-on optionally installed perhaps as an approved available add-on or perhaps even something included in the firmware.

I've sent a PM to yoh-dah (head of Jedi) and hopefully he will have something to say.

Welcome to the forum!
Message 6 of 12
Deframe
Aspirant

mdgm wrote:
I've sent a PM to yoh-dah (head of Jedi) and hopefully he will have something to say.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, and thank you for following up on this!
Message 7 of 12
mattwebb1
Aspirant

I vote for this too.

Please, please, please
Message 8 of 12
calvinhoppes
Aspirant

From the looks of it, Netgear haven't sent them any hardware to compile for / test with. SO PLEASE DO SO TO SATISFY YOUR COMMUNITY! I have also voted for this Feature and I have got the reply that the only hurdle is this little piece of hardware! Please: be generous and send out a V2 asap.
Many thanks in advance!
Message 9 of 12
Deframe
Aspirant

For those still waiting, it looks like a LMS release for the Duo v2 is imminent.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=92828
Message 10 of 12
virgiliomi
Aspirant

Logitech developer Michael Herger (user mherger @ Squeezebox Community forums) has released a package of version 7.7.2 beta for the v2 ReadyNAS models. Info and download can be found here:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=93347

The bug/request for supporting the v2 models has been resolved/closed, as support is now present. Any bugs encountered with this version should be either posted in the Squeezebox Community forums or a new bug for the specific issue should be created in their bug tracking system.

Do keep in mind... this is a beta. There are likely bugs that will need to be worked out, so if you're not one for dealing with potential issues, you may want to steer clear until a released version is available.
Message 11 of 12
calvinhoppes
Aspirant

Thanks a lot!
- The installation was easy and without any trouble.
- The setup is easy and all necessary information are available.

I thought already that I made a mistake to buy V2 but now I am happy and satisfied with:
- my backup, media- and photo-sharing server
- remote access from any place with all the Mac's used by my family and two iPhones and a Squeezebox Radio.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements