× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear NAS - no internet connection

PaulC1984
Follower

Netgear NAS - no internet connection

I had my Netgear NAS (Model RN10200) set-up however had to take it offline a few years ago.

Since then I have had a new router (from Sky) installed (Using Sky Q) and moved house.

I have tried to get the Netgear NAS working again, however it comes up saying it is not connected to the internet when i connect rhough ReadyNAS. I suspect it is to do with the new router, and not sure what is needed to get it up and running.

The NAS is connected to a TP Link Switch where my PC connects to, and the switch is working fine so I know it has internet connection through to my router.

Any assistance anyone can provide is much appreciated.

PC - Windows 10 Operating System.

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Netgear NAS - no internet connection

Chances are you assigned the NAS a static IP address that is now outside the range of your current router's sub-net.  You should be able to confirm that with RAIDar.  The fastest way to fix that is an OS re-install from the boot menu, which will reset to DHCP and also reset the admin password to password.  Just take care not to do a Factory Default, which wipes your data (unless the data is so old you don't care, in which case it might actually be a good idea).

The other way would be to set your computer IP address to a fixed value in the same subnet as the NAS, connect the PC and NAS together, then go in and change things.

Once you get access, you should update the firmware.  For the ARM series', there is a special order for update, so do read the instructions in the release notes :ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-10-2 .

I purchased a 102 with really old firmware and the online update process properly followed the steps, but I still recommend you look carefully at what it's offering to update to before you say "go".

To avoid this issue in the future, it is best to reserve an IP address in the router instead of assigning a static address in the NAS, if your IP gives you that access in their router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements