× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No access to Frontview, Duo V1 running 4.1.6

937carrera_2
Aspirant

No access to Frontview, Duo V1 running 4.1.6

I fired up my "backup" readynas today and could not access frontview for the first time in about a year - it was time to mirror some files from my main RN104 NAS to the Duo.

It is running 4.1.6 (worked perfectly in this config from new), I have SSH enabled, can FTP onto the NAS, access file shares through samba and putty into a terminal prompt as root. The boot partition is not full.

I have had a read around and I suspect the problem is that I attempted an install of Piwigo and didn't quite get it working. It is possible I tried to uninstall the app and this is what is causing the issue.

What have I tried ? - other than a reboot, only renaming the piwigo appfolder under /webroot that was left behind from one name (indicating I should delete it) back to piwigo

Rather than start messing about and making matters worse I thought I would ask the experts on here first.

I have had to use a secondary login too - my normal one 937carrera is not logging in even after email verification and password reset. One of those days

Model: ReadyNAS RND2110|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
937carrera_2
Aspirant

Re: No access to Frontview, Duo V1 running 4.1.6

I received a PM with some advice, and it is now solved Smiley Happy

The first advice was to use the "tail" command to get part of the error.log. In my case because I had SSH installed I had already been able to access the full logs through FTP as root user. There didn't seem to be anything of interest there, except for some phpmyadmin errors, so I will post those later.

Next suggestion was to restart apache.

I used the following command

apache-ssl -f /etc/frontview/apache/httpd.conf

which I ran from /usr/sbin, it came up with apache-ssl command not found.

Hmm. Now I have another duo and using SSH saw that apache-ssl is actually a symbolic link to apache2 in the same directory. So I created the symbolic link with the command below, I used full paths for safety

ln -s /usr.sbin/apache2 /usr/sbin/apache-ssl

I re-ran the apache-ssl restart command above and frontview is now up and running. The change has survived a reboot

So, all that had happened is that one symbolic link had somehow got deleted

I have confirmed that piwigo is not installed, so perhaps the removal of that add on is what broke apache.

I will make another post giving details of items in the error log as I am thinking there may be some other remaining problems affecting performance

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
937carrera_2
Aspirant

Re: No access to Frontview, Duo V1 running 4.1.6

I received a PM with some advice, and it is now solved Smiley Happy

The first advice was to use the "tail" command to get part of the error.log. In my case because I had SSH installed I had already been able to access the full logs through FTP as root user. There didn't seem to be anything of interest there, except for some phpmyadmin errors, so I will post those later.

Next suggestion was to restart apache.

I used the following command

apache-ssl -f /etc/frontview/apache/httpd.conf

which I ran from /usr/sbin, it came up with apache-ssl command not found.

Hmm. Now I have another duo and using SSH saw that apache-ssl is actually a symbolic link to apache2 in the same directory. So I created the symbolic link with the command below, I used full paths for safety

ln -s /usr.sbin/apache2 /usr/sbin/apache-ssl

I re-ran the apache-ssl restart command above and frontview is now up and running. The change has survived a reboot

So, all that had happened is that one symbolic link had somehow got deleted

I have confirmed that piwigo is not installed, so perhaps the removal of that add on is what broke apache.

I will make another post giving details of items in the error log as I am thinking there may be some other remaining problems affecting performance

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements