× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RN10400 Lost password

Gin25
Aspirant

RN10400 Lost password

I have a readynas backup system at our sister company that they through out the password information.  We have since changed email addresses so I cannot remember and/or access the NAS.  How can I get this changed and updated?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RN10400 Lost password

Hi Gin25,

Welcome to the Community!

You will be able to reset the admin password to default without losing your data by doing an OS re-install. You may check this article for the steps on how to access the boot menu and select OS re-install.

Note: The default admin credentials of your NAS is admin for the username and password for the password.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Gin25,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as a solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
Gin25
Aspirant

Thank you - I was able to get the email updated via support and was then able to reset the password.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements