× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Raidar 6.5.0 not seeing Duo 4.1

netnumbie
Follower

Raidar 6.5.0 not seeing Duo 4.1

I just upgraded my MAc after 7 years, and after installing the latest Raidar 6.5 it will only find my ReadyNas Duo V2 (running 5.37), but not my two old ReadyNas Duo's running 4.1.6 and 4.1.7 respectively.   I can access them via Browser and see the shares in finder, but would be nice to have the raidar giving me the overview of each.   They are all on the same network, all with fixed IP although the V2 accessible on is .4 and the older ones are .179 and .180.   Any suggestions or do I hust have to accept that the older ones dont work with Raidar anymore!

Thanks

Model: RND2000v1 (ReadyNAS Duo v1)|READYNAS DUO v1 (DISKLESS)|EOL
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Raidar 6.5.0 not seeing Duo 4.1

@netnumbie wrote:

I just upgraded my MAc after 7 years, and after installing the latest Raidar 6.5 it will only find my ReadyNas Duo V2 (running 5.37), but not my two old ReadyNas Duo's running 4.1.6 and 4.1.7 respectively.   I can access them via Browser and see the shares in finder, but would be nice to have the raidar giving me the overview of each.   They are all on the same network, all with fixed IP although the V2 accessible on is .4 and the older ones are .179 and .180.   Any suggestions or do I just have to accept that the older ones dont work with Raidar anymore!

RAIDar 6.5 will find them on a Windows PC (at least it did the last time I checked).  So this is a bit puzzling.    It uses broadcast packets, so it should be able to find the ReadyNAS even if their IP addresses were misconfigured (which isn't the case here). 

I am wondering if it is linked to your outdated firmware. 4.1.6 goes back to 2009  The final firmware for the v2 is 5.3.13, and the final firmware for the v1 is 4.1.16.   Even if it isn't related, I suggest upgrading the firmware.  There are some folks who've run into browser compatibility issues when running out-dated firmware (particularly on the v1 NAS).  

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements