× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyDLNA not displaying all folders on TV

rattee
Aspirant

ReadyDLNA not displaying all folders on TV

ReadyNAS NV+ running firmware 4.1.8

I have ReadyDLNA enabled with my Share "media" selected with no folder specified and "All" Content Types selected.

Not all folders are displaying on my Samsung TV (PS50C7000YF).
In my case only one folder and contents are showing.

I have tried specifying multiple folders but they still don't show up.

Updating with ReadyDLNA 1.0.24.3 made no difference.

Anyone else having this issue?
Message 1 of 16
BrianMarkussen
Aspirant

Re: ReadyDLNA not displaying all folders on TV

Does the 1 folder contain all that it is supposed to? Is it movies?
Message 2 of 16
stevehaley
Tutor

Yes Me.
Have exactly the same issue - scans the first directory or part of it then ignores the rest. doesnt matter if I put the primary folder in alone or put the individual folders in.
Log simply says scan started never says stopped.
Hardware is a DUO v1 running 4.1.8.
ReadyDLNA ver 1.0.24.3
Message 3 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Probably the scan is reaching a file that it can't parse correctly and crashing. If you have MKVs with header stripping that could account for it.
Message 4 of 16
stevehaley
Tutor

Rolled back to 1.0.24 and all is well.
Message 5 of 16
corneym
Aspirant

I too have this problem on a ReadyNAS NV+ with the RAIDiator 4.1.9 update installed. The error was also present with RAIDiator 4.1.8 installed. The latest version of ReadyDLNA (1.0.24.5) does not fix it, rolling back to 1.0.24.3 does not fix it and I cannot find 1.0.24 anywhere.

Also the "Rescan media files" button is not active.

Any suggestions?
Message 6 of 16
mikej0317
Aspirant

Same problem here. ALl the folders do not show up. I have NV+ and Samsung TV, if it matters. I notices that some of the folders show "archive" and some of the folders show "read only" I didn't change them, but if the auto archiving causes this, I tried to find any information about preventing folrders from archiving, and could not find anything.

If I try to reset the folder properties to inherit all sub folders, and uncheck archive, and un check "read only" would this make a difference? Is that the problem?
Message 7 of 16
rattee
Aspirant

Howdy

I finally have it working now.

It appears that ReadyDLNA stopped parsing the rest of my files due to a MKV video.
    You can check to see if it's failing on any file by looking at the upnp-av log

In my case it was failing on this video:
    [2012/05/31 19:06:45] metadata.c:679: warn: Opening /c/media/Anime/Series/xxx/xxx.mkv failed!

Once I removed folder xxx and restarted my NAS, all my other folders and videos appeared. (you may have to disable and re-enable ReadyDLNA and restart the media scan).

Hope this helps others with similar issues.
    Message 8 of 16
    StephenB
    Guru

More than likely the MKV uses header compression. If you like, you can PM me the mediainfo analysis (www.videhelp.com/tools/mediainfo) and I can take a look. Or just re-mux it with header compression turned off.
    Message 9 of 16
    rattee
    Aspirant

I already deleted the files.
    I'll try to re-mux the videos in future if I run into the issue again. Thanks stephenB for the info.
    Message 10 of 16
    HERBIEO
    Aspirant

If you are not sure how to follow this guide http://www.noblemd.info/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=24
    Message 11 of 16
    StephenB
    Guru

HERBIEO wrote:
    If you are not sure how to follow this guide http://www.noblemd.info/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=24
    Yes. There are a couple of other tools you can use, here is another link: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.ph ... post291176
    Message 12 of 16
    sameerabedi
    Aspirant

Rather than start a new thread needlessly, I wanted to ask a similar question.

My Panasonic TV is able to access the ReadyNAS no problems through DLNA, and I can see all the folders. However, when I update the folders, add more video/music files in the same folders it can't see the new files. It only sees the files I first added.
    Similarly when I delete the files the folders don't update on the TV - the name remains (obviously can't be accessed).

I've tried re-starting the ReadyNAS drive to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Thanks
    Message 13 of 16
    sameerabedi
    Aspirant

Rather than start a new thread needlessly, I wanted to ask a similar question.

My Panasonic TV is able to access the ReadyNAS no problems through DLNA, and I can see all the folders. However, when I update the folders, add more video/music files in the same folders it can't see the new files. It only sees the files I first added.
    Similarly when I delete the files the folders don't update on the TV - the name remains (obviously can't be accessed).

I've tried re-starting the ReadyNAS drive to no avail. Any other suggestions?
    Message 14 of 16
    guyworthy
    Aspirant

How do I run commands on my NV+??? All I have is raidrar and the web admin page... what am I missing?

rattee wrote:

It appears that ReadyDLNA stopped parsing the rest of my files due to a MKV video.
    You can check to see if it's failing on any file by looking at the upnp-av log

Message 15 of 16
    StephenB
    Guru

If you want to run commands, then you need to enable ssh by installing the add on here: http://www.readynas.com/?p=4203
    Choose "sparc" for 4.1.x firmware, "arm" for 5.x firmware.

You can also look download logs from the WEBUI, and then examine them on the PC - probably the best way to get started. There is a dlna debug add-on you can run that increases the logging. You install it again to turn it off. You can find that here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=27946
    Message 16 of 16
    Top Contributors
    Discussion stats
    • 15 replies
    • 0 kudos
    • 9 in conversation
    Announcements