× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 214 wont login to admin page

Elusive1
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 214 wont login to admin page

As the title says, no matter what I try I cant get into the admin page, I'm guessing its also because of this I am unable to copy any files onto the drives in the NAS as well. Getting quite frustrating as I have been trying since boxing day to find a solution, as I bought this for the sole purpose of installing PLEX and putting movies onto it for ease of use, and so far it has been anything but easy.

Included a picture of the screen I get after attempting login, have tried all of the suggestions and nothing works, and using the online help button just takes me back to the login screen....

Please help..

Model: RN214D41|ReadyNAS 214 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 7
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 214 wont login to admin page

Hi Elusive1,

Welcome to the Community!

Do you have RAIDar installed on the computer? If you have it installed, you may check first the status of the NAS using it.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
Elusive1
Aspirant

Well.... That was a simple solution. Didnt think I needed RaidAR with READYcloud. Does this mean I can uninstall READYcloud from my PC? Or do I need them both?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Elusive1 wrote:

Well.... That was a simple solution.

It's not a solution (RAIDar won't fix the original problem).  @JohnCM_S is suggesting it as a troubleshooting step.

@Elusive1 wrote:

Didnt think I needed RaidAR with READYcloud. Does this mean I can uninstall READYcloud from my PC? Or do I need them both?

They do completely different things, and they are independent applications.  You don't need to uninstall ReadyCloud to install RAIDar.

Note that ReadyCloud is also an optional service for the ReadyNAS - there are other solutions out there for remote access, and of course many people don't care about remote access.  

BTW, did you try directly logging into the ReadyNAS admin page (https://nas-ip-address/admin ).  Use the real IP address of course.

Message 4 of 7
Elusive1
Aspirant

Installing Raidar fixed my inability to login to the admin page. I installed PLEX, copies movies to the readyNAS, synced them with PLEX. Manually updated PLEX, everything seemed to be working, but just now as I have shut down my PC for the night, PLEX is saying my server is offline. Have I missed a setting in the readyNAS itself?
I shouldn’t need to run my PC to access the NAS, should I?
Message 5 of 7
Elusive1
Aspirant

The PLEX app on the readyNAS is turning off when my pc is off. Anyway around this? The main reason I got the NAS was so I didn't have to run my PC 24/7.

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Elusive1 wrote:

I shouldn’t need to run my PC to access the NAS, should I?

No you shouldn't.

Did you install plexmediaserver-ros6-binaries-annapurna_1.14.1.5488-cc260c476_armel.deb ?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements