× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 3312 - Can't reset password for Domain join account

ShadowofDeth
Aspirant

ReadyNAS 3312 - Can't reset password for Domain join account

The account on the domain that the readynas was using to sync user accounts from AD had it's password changed.  When I go to the Acounts tab and select Authentication, put the new password in and click apply, I get the error "Security settings failed to apply" with the description "Failed to enable/disable user".  When I try to unjoin the domain, I get the same error.  Firmware is 6.10.3, ReadyNAS 3312, Windows Domain.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ShadowofDeth
Aspirant

Re: ReadyNAS 3312 - Can't reset password for Domain join account

After attempting to put in the new password a few times, getting the same error, I rebooted the NAS TWICE and it is all working again - without me needing to put the new password in again.  It must have saved the new password, even though it gave an error.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
ShadowofDeth
Aspirant

By the way, I did the same thing on a second NAS (exact same model and setup) and it worked without issue..

Message 2 of 3
ShadowofDeth
Aspirant

After attempting to put in the new password a few times, getting the same error, I rebooted the NAS TWICE and it is all working again - without me needing to put the new password in again.  It must have saved the new password, even though it gave an error.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements